Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Can I bury my head in the sand?????

I've got a list, it seems like it's a mile long.  Normally I  love "to do" lists because I get such joy from crossing off tasks that have been completed but, today I just want to bury my head in the sand.  More things are being added to my list by the minute!  The most frustrating thing is this mess with insurance!  Somehow the fact that I would be unemployed and without health insurance didn't quite bother me, until now.  I guess I was just figuring that health care in Uganda is relatively inexpensive and I won't be in the US, so I wouldn't need to purchase insurance here.  Well, thank you Mr. Obama, now I have a headache and want to cry because I have to pay a lot of money for an insurance policy that I can't use or you will fine me!  Granted I don't have all the details yet and yes I'm venting a little but, I'm just being real here.  Not every step of preparation for this grand adventure has been fun, this is one of those instances.  Even so, God is good!  He has provided all the details up to this point.  I'm 100% confident that this is His plan for my life at this time.  So, I'm preaching to the choir here and this post is just to remind myself that God is in control and He's got this!  Philippians 4:6-7, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made know to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and you minds in Christ Jesus."  So, I'm going to stop worrying, I'm going to pray about this, I'm going to thank God for this too and then I'm going to move on to the next item on the list while I wait for His peace to wash over me and give me the strength to wade through the confusing details and information.  Also, I'm going to look at these precious faces, they make everything better and remind me of what is ahead...

Amanya, my newest love that I sponsor, he makes my heart melt.  I can't wait to get my arms around him again!

Oh, Amanya, that little look says it all!

Anges, my beautiful angel.  She captured my heart on my very first trip to Uganda and brought out the fierce protector in me.  She is my heart!

Nurse Betty and her sweet baby Jethro!  I can't wait to work with Nurse Betty, she is amazing and hopefully Jethro won't cry when he sees me this time!
 
 
 
18 days, 12 hours, 7 minutes and 23 seconds...
 

1 comment:

  1. So sorry for the difficulties you are having getting ready for your trip. Will hold you in my prayers. Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete