Monday, April 6, 2015

Random thoughts...

Wow!  I'm super bad at this blogging thing!  Its been over a month since I've even attempted to blog!
Sorry, please forgive me!  I'm sure no one has been waiting eagerly for my next post...(well maybe just my Aunt Kathy!  LOL!!)  I can't even begin to remember what all has been going on!  Let's see what can I say???

Well, I've been here for over 3 months now!  Sometimes I feel like I've been here forever.  I mean that in a good way!  Kind of like I've always been here and there is nothing abnormal with the fact that I'm living in Uganda.  I have 5 more months here and I'm sure it will pass by so quickly.  Probably faster than I would like it to.  The thought of returning to America and going back to work, well, I don't think about it!  God alone is in control of what the next 5 months and 5 years hold.  So, I will just sit back and enjoy the journey.

I really miss home and my family and Taco Bell. LOL!  Yesterday was Easter and although I really enjoyed my Ugandan family and church, I thought so much about all of you guys.  Easter is pretty similar here in Uganda with the exception of their is no Easter Bunny, no Easter Egg hunt and no Easter baskets.  Mom and my sisters prepared a big meal and after church many people came over and enjoyed the meal with us.  We had chicken (I saw the chicken being chased down, caught and being butchered!) rice, matooke, cabbage, potatoes and soda!  It was great.  I did miss ham and deviled eggs though!  Today is Monday and in a little while we will be going back to church for a Worship Rally!  Our worship team at Kampala Church has been practicing so hard for months for this event and I am so excited to be there! 

Let's see...what else...  Oh, I've eaten goat meat a few times now...still not sure what I think about it!  LOL! One of my favorite meals here is cabbage, potatoes and spicy sausage!  My mom here is worried that I'm not eating enough because I'm loosing weight and my clothes are getting baggy!  I have tried to explain to everyone that me loosing weight is a good thing!  LOL!  Seriously, any body image issues that I had in America are totally gone here.  I've been told I have a fine figure and that most people want my figure!  LOL!  I'm totally serious.  A boda boda driver told my friend that he didn't believe that I was white and that I must have some black in me because he has never seen a white with such a fine figure.  Oh, I laughed for hours about that one and still to this day it makes me chuckle!  In all honestly its very freeing to not have to worry about my weight and how I look.  Now to just bring this feeling home to America with me!!! 

Work out at the school has been very busy!  April 25th will be the close of the 1st term.  There are 3 terms in a school year.  We have finally gotten the enrollment mostly squared away and we have around 1101 students this year.  We also have our first Primary 7 class this year!  Primary 7 is the last year of primary school before they go to Secondary school.  So we are eagerly waiting to see the results of their exams and what kind of marks they will get.  That will be a good indication of how well our school is teaching the students! 

I really want to take a course in Luganda at a local language school here. Luganda is the language in this area.  I'm learning a few words here and there but not as much as I would like.  I have contacted the school to find out when the course is and how much money it is.  Although I think it will be pretty expensive, like over $2000, so I may not be able to do it.  So, I will wait to hear back from them before I make my decision.    Learning the language would really help me with everyday life here!  Although at the school they are instructed to speak in English a lot of the younger ones don't speak much English.  Not to mention that they speak British English so sometimes even though we are both speaking in English, we can't understand each other!  LOL!!

Okay, I think that's it for now.  I love you all and miss you all like crazy.  Sorry, no pictures this time!  Maybe next time I will post all pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment